Produce and Pest 8/23/26

 Bearden UMC Community Garden - Produce and Pest 8/23/26. 

We harvested several times this week and put the produce in the gleaning baskets. I had some excitement on Saturday when I discover a baby king snake that I threw into our new raised bed with mulched leaves. I am very thankful to my volunteers, who help me to capture the snake and send it off to the forest this afternoon. 



Today, we also did an nice harvest of okra, cucumbers, tomatoes, tromboncino squash, green beans, and peppers. 



 Last Thursday, we had a great harvest to put in the gleaning baskets.
The garden is growing. 

We harvested over 23 pounds of cucumbers, okra, green beanks, tromboncino squash, and tomatoes. 

The Tromboncino squash is taking over the garden fence next to the building and producing big squash. 

I am thankful for the good supply of food scraps on my red can. I need lots of compost for my new raised bed. 

I alway check my food scraps before I put into our compost bins. This week, I removed a metal spoon and a plastic card holder from a bouquet of flowers. 

We have started the first layer on the next raised bed. I hope to finish this week. 

I am thankful for my harvesters and raised bed builders. 

Thanks, Leigh



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seedlings 4/21/26

First Harvest 11/19/25

Compost Bin Building 3/28/26