New raised bed 8/30/26

 Bearden UMC Community Garden - New raised bed 8/30/26. 

This last week, we built our second raised bed, which is a longer and skinner that the first raised bed. I am thankful for my husband, who help me to build and fill the first few layers. 




The first layer is logs and stick, which will help feed the soil for several years and provide good drainage.



On Saturday, Dan and I filled the beds from the big pile of compost. 

Now that the pile of compost is gone, I can order a free chip drop from a local arborist to layer the pathways to help prevent weeds. 


Some of the summer veggies are starting to die off. I planted some cucumber seedlings and clipped back some of the marigolds and used in the compost bins. 




Many of veggies are sill growning and producing 10-20 pounds of food every other day for our neighbors. 



Our neighbors are usually picking up the produce within a day. 

I plan to plant winter vegetables in our new best soon. 

Thanks, Leigh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seedlings 4/21/26

First Harvest 11/19/25

Compost Bin Building 3/28/26