Veggies 7/2/26.

 Bearden UMC Community Garden - Veggies 7/2/26.

This week, we have been harvesting veggies, like tomatoes, cucumbers, okra, green beans, turnips, etc. 

Today, we harvested 2.6 lbs (1206) of produce and several more pounds on Tuesday. We give away by approaching folks stopping by the blessing box or entering the church. 


We put a plate of veggies in the blessing box. 

The veggies were collecting in less than twenty minutes from the blessing box. 




I met the contractor who collect our food scraps for Knox County. She said we donate about 20 lbs a week. I get even more food scraps in my red compost garbage by the shedd. 
I loved the Green Heron logo "Make Dirt, Not Waste".
Green Heron is the contractor that collects the food scraps and distributes them to community garden like BattleField Farms. https://greenheroncompost.org/ 

The veggies are doing well. The okra especially loves the heat. 



Thanks, Leigh


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

in the Beginning April 2025

Chipdrop 8/19/25

Mulch and cardboard 8/19/25